make stuff happen is a consulting practice specialising in change and learning.
We commonly deal with ‘tricky’ issues (and we enjoy them):
- building common ground between multiple stakeholders
- solving difficult problems,
- creating clarity about uncertain futures.
We support our clients to turn complex challenges into practical results.
Our Principal consultants are Ian Colley and Chia Moan who can make stuff happen for you (click for bios).
In general we support our clients to:
- Think from the customers’ perspective
- Start from the future and work backwards to the present
- Keep it simple
Our Consultants have facilitated hundreds of workshops, events and planning sessions across dozens of clients (see client list).
We have also trained thousands of people in facilitation and leadership skills through our work as consultant trainers with University of Technology, Sydney since 2005. Our UTS clients include organisations such as ING, ASGARD, Legal Aid NSW, IBM, NSW Department of Housing, Australian Securities and Investment Commission, Westpac, Clayton Utz, Reserve Bank, IBM, QBE Insurance, Qantas, Hutchison Communications, Lion Nathan, Commonwealth Bank, and TAFE.
Good stuff happens
Our experienced consultants help business, government and communities work together to make stuff happen for you .
Good stuff, the stuff that improves people’s lives and makes it easier for them to work together, doesn’t usually happen by chance. It takes good design, skills in collaborating, and a shared vision.
We lead projects and work with leaders to cultivate:
- Discussions that matter
- Communication that is clear and focused
- Meetings that motivate
- Strategies that stick
- Plans with buzz
As a consulting practice, our most important values are
- Collaboration – partnering with our clients to achieve success
- Respectful engagement with all stakeholders
- Aiming for results that are worth working for
- Ongoing review and feedback to get ‘traction’ from the project activities