Upcoming courses: Facilitation Essentials (one day course), Sydney
2017 dates: Wednesday February 15th, Wednesday April 5th, Wednesday June 14th, Tuesday August 15th, Tuesday October 10th.
or Email me for details.
More information here:
F2F Flyer 4 page Dec 2015
Experiential, Facilitative, Work-focussed
Our approach to training in facilitation designed to model and mirror effective facilitation. The training uses careful and sensitive questioning, with a sharp focus on listening skills, drawing on the knowledge and expertise of participants. We provide information and models as stimuli, to provoke personal insights and shape new skills.
All our workshops are highly experiential – designed to be powerful, enjoyable and effective.
Real learning occurs where people integrate their training experiences into their lives. In our general approach to training we do this by:
- providing opportunities to work with real life issues, challenges and dilemmas, and be supported in making change through offering a balance of theory and practice, discussion and doing
- exposing people to ways of thinking and operating differently, stretching their knowledge and skill base in practical ways
- constructing workshop experiences that are highly interactive, drawing on all the senses and addressing not just information, but feelings and commitments. Training needs to connects to the fundamental motivations of learners
- strengthening working relationships between colleagues and building a common language for learning, encouraging participants to develop a ‘community of practice’ to test out thinking and ideas, a community that may go on beyond the life of the program
- ongoing and structured feedback from participants (via user-friendly, online surveys) to respond to emerging issues and concerns.